Ευρωπαϊκό Παρατηρητήριο Συνθηκών Εργασίας (EWCO)
Το Ευρωπαϊκό Παρατηρητήριο Συνθηκών Εργασίας (EWCO) λειτουργεί από το 2003 με στόχο τη συλλογή, ανάλυση και διάχυση πληροφόρησης σε θέματα που αφορούν ποιοτικές πτυχές της εργασίας και γενικά τις συνθήκες απασχόλησης. Το παρατηρητήριο βασίζεται σε ένα δίκτυο ανταποκριτών που καλύπτουν όλες τις χώρες Κράτη Μέλη της ΕΕ, καθώς και της Νορβηγίας.
Ερευνητικά, το EWCO καλύπτει, καταρχήν, τις ακόλουθες θεματικές ενότητες:
- Καριέρα και εργασιακή ασφάλεια
- Υγεία και ασφάλεια στους χώρους εργασίας
- Ανάπτυξη δεξιοτήτων
- Συμφιλίωση εργασιακής και προσωπικής ζωής
Το EWCO αντλεί συμπληρωματικά πληροφόρηση και από την Έρευνα για τις Συνθήκες Εργασίας στην ΕΕ (European Working Conditions Survey), η οποία παρακολουθεί περιοδικά τις συνθήκες εργασίας από το 1991.
Το EWCO συλλέγει επίσης υλικό αναφορικά με παραδείγματα καλής πρακτικής σε επιχειρησιακό επίπεδο, με στόχο την ανάδειξη καλών πρακτικών, πολιτικών και συμφωνιών στο πλαίσιο της Εφαρμογής της Στρατηγικής της Λισσαβόνας.
EWCO Comparative Analytical Reports 2006-2013
- Cyprus - Working Conditions of Young Entrants
This publication initially records aspects of current working conditions of young entrants to the labour market such as the payment system, skills development, health and safety and reconciliation of working and private life
- Impact of the Crisis on Working Conditions in Cyprus.
The issue of working conditions in the light of the current economic crisis appears not very relevant to the agenda of the social partners, something that is more generally related to a broader alienation of the social partners from the qualitative aspects of work. Similarly both on the research front as well as on the policy making front, greater emphasis has been placed on the quantitative aspect of work – specifically on increasing employment and reducing unemployment, as well as on specific aspects of working conditions, mainly wages and training opportunities.
- Working conditions in Central Public Administration
This report briefly discusses the structure of Central Public Administration (CPA) in Cyprus by providing definitions, identifying categories of CPA workers and presenting figures and classifications as they develop in time. It also examines the recent reforms of the working conditions of CPA workers and of broader public workers focusing on the reforms for the support of the public finances.
- Working conditions in the retail sector. This questionnaire presents the existing situation of terms and conditions of employment of workers in the sector of retail trade in Cyprus
- Use of Alcohol/Drugs at the Workplace. Information on the extent of the use of alcohol and drugs at the workplace in Cyprus, as well as the type of situations in which this use occurs, its consequences on working conditions and work environment in general.
- Evolution of wages during the crisis. Description of the effects of crisis on the wages of employees in Cyprus. How these effects reflects the working condition in Cyprus.
- Comparative analytical report on Trends: 20 years of changes in work and its conditions. The questionnaire provides a review of working conditions over the last 20 years in Cyprus on specific issues, presenting the main developments on the national policy level as well as the social dialogue level.
- Getting prepared for the upswing: Training and Qualification during the Crisis. This questionnaire refers to vocational training and skills development for workers in Cyprus, as a means for addressing the impacts of the recent financial crisis.
- Working conditions of nationals with a foreign background. In this questionnaire we have attempted to record the working conditions of people who have acquired Cypriot nationality through naturalisation or in other ways and their descendents.
- Analytical report on Absence from work. This questionnaire deals with the phenomenon of absence from work and examines its extent as well as the policies and measures taken to restrict it.
- Information, consultation and participation of workers concerning health and safety. The present questionnaire deals with health and safety management between SMEs and large enterprises in Cyprus
- Analytical report on Working Poor. This report deals with the issue of working poor in Cyprus and the intensity of this phenomenon. It studies the impact of the recent financial crisis and analyses the existing and proposed policies in Cyprus for combating it.
- The occupational promotion of migrant workers. This refers on the existing situation regarding occupational promotion and training of migrant workers.
- Quality of Work and Employment of Low Qualified workers. This article is Cyprus’s contribution on the current situation regarding the working conditions of low qualified workers. Specifically, it examines the impact of various policies and training programmes as regards the acquisition of specialised skills for low qualified workers.
- The employment and working conditions of young workers in Cyprus. Particular emphasis is given to the issue of young people’s transition from education to work, as well as to the problems young people often face in the labour market.
- Cyprus Self-employed workers. In this report we attempt an initial investigation of the present situation with regard to labour relations and working conditions of self-employed workers in Cyprus as it had developed by the beginning of 2007.
- Cyprus: Working conditions and social dialogue.
- The impact of work changes on the resurgence of work-related musculoskeletal diseases. An analytical report on the impact of work on health and safety.
- The working conditions of migrant workers in Cyprus
- National fact sheets on quality in work and employment working time in the European Union. The aim of this report was to obtain a fuller insight into differences in working time across the European Union and into developments in average hours worked both in total and by specific sections of the work force in different Member States over recent years.
- The analytical report on place of work and working conditions. An analytical report on the different forms of employment concerning the place of work and the working conditions of the employed.
To access the full reports click here for the Eurofound page